http://lrrp.weebly.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation

3 posters

Go down

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation Empty LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation

Post  Sailor - Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Guys,
We may have to come out with ID's (sorry) but this may be a necessary evil to preserve our sport.
It was brought to our attention that since we are in the discipline and art of long range rimfire shooting, others may want to learn this trade for nefarious or evil desires/ deeds. As a result we may have to police our own ranks and come up with a system of membership to control undesirables who may want to join us - what with all the bombings and terrorist acts, certain groups may become paranoid about our sport.
Have been talking to Boss Jack, Major Tuliao, Anton Lorenzo and dear Rommel Cabuncal - and it seems we may have to come out with IDs and people or clubs endorsing members (new ones - those that participated and have a good track record no need i suppose). Together with the ID's the endorsers (clubs or individuals) we may have to limit participation to certain levels - like the new persons depending on ability and credibility may only be able to shoot the short range matches for the first three months as a probi member. Before they can go to the medium, long range, and national shoots they have to have been admitted and certified for safety and credibility so any person of ill repute kuno will not affect our sport.

Would love suggestions from others guys.

Sailor - Admin
Admin

https://lrrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation Empty IDs and other things

Post  freeman Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes I totally agree with the idea of having IDs. This was my first impression the first time that I joined the group. I totally understand that this issue was lost to the organizers but this is mainly because they did not know how lrrp will be accepted by shooters, knowing that most Filipinos are gaga over pistols and IPSC. Visit a gun store and you will understand what I mean. 90% of items for sale are for pistols. Now, shooter's reaction was OK and the group swelled. Many shooters are interested with rifles. Now we need IDs.

I also understand the PPSA's and ARMSCOR's concern about the idea that some people may join the group to learn about long distance shooting for "nefarious" designs. At first this idea may sound plausible but thinking deeper, the chances of anybody joining the group and learning about .22s for evil deeds is rather slim. The effective range to cause real damage is very limited as compared with centerfires. If you are thinking that the knowledge gained can be used for centerfires is also slim because the degree of sophistication for the hardware, ammo and technical knowhow is simply not available to Juan dela Cruz. Now, knowing that a very small group of degenerates are simply "criminally inclined", I say amen! Lets police our ranks.

freeman

Back to top Go down

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation Empty areas of concern which needs special attention

Post  cesar m. ramirez Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

it is right that we have to police our ranks.and one area which we should closely monitor is the use of suppressors or silencers..no. it is not a bad practice to use silencers during competitions.we must just be very careful not to let the technical know-how of this things fell into the hands of those criminally=inclined person.

cesar m. ramirez

Back to top Go down

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation Empty Re: LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation

Post  Sailor - Admin Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Cesar,

fyi we will not be allowing them during competitions as it interferes with the timers and late shots, specially if we do score over time.

So all please be advised.

thanks... nice point Cesar..

Sailor - Admin
Admin

https://lrrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation Empty Re: LRRP ID's and Possible Levels of Participation

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down