http://lrrp.weebly.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What rifle do you shoot?

3 posters

Go down

What rifle do you shoot? Empty What rifle do you shoot?

Post  Sailor - Admin Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Currently I have been restoring a remington model 37 - it weighs 11 plus pounds - tapered bull barrel. It has been shooting half inch holes (5 shots) at 25 and 50 meters. It shoots better than I can. Have a centerpoint scope with target knobs and extended mildot reticle, but have a nikon with turret knobs coming. Just installed a rubber desonator(?) and my grouping supposedly tightened or was it my imagination but it was shooting so well last Sunday. cheers

It's a heavy beautiful rifle, only 12,000 made and it is solid as solid can be. It was made to go against the Winchester 52 (Mr. Cortes)- both competed in the mini Palma matches - 200 yard 22 lr competitions shot with aperture sights - no scopes.... but with full shooting jackets, slings, and all the expensive eck eck.. No

Have a cheap chinese bipod - so far so good. Made my own cheek rest out of galvanized steel and would you believe mouse pads... Laughing

Am looking at shooting at Langhaya - i believe they have the only 100 meter range within the vicinity of Metro Manila. ARMSCOR Marikina has a 75 meter range. If someone knows of a longer range within the vicinity please tell us. Otherwise we (Sonny Marin and Myself) shoot at Splendido - where one can try up to 300 meters - which we have not as we are still setting it up (the 100, 150, 200 meter ranges). Rolling Eyes

Bought my son a CZ 453 Varmint from Twin Pines and it looks pretty good. No need for a trigger job as it has a regular and set trigger. Great but we have fired it yet as my son has been to busy studying his law books...

Can't wait to get this whole Rimfire movement moving and shooting....

Sailor - Admin
Admin

https://lrrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What rifle do you shoot? Empty 22 LR

Post  jackd Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:24 pm

I have had a lot of F/A, but 22 LR is my most favored of all.

My first was the worst, Remington 597 semi auto Syn. I go a can but FTE FTF a lot of the time.

My second was the Marlin 795 semi auto, with can and bipod, sold to cousing for his hobby.

For my future project, I am looking at a Norinco JW 27 bolt or Armscor Bolt, cut to 16 Inches, with a Alum Can, bipod, and Tasco 4-12X 40 Scope for LRRP sana.

Jack Daniel

jackd

Back to top Go down

What rifle do you shoot? Empty Re: What rifle do you shoot?

Post  Sailor - Admin Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Go for it. If you want to try out the prototype give me a PM or email at jcg@esi.com.ph.

Sailor - Admin
Admin

https://lrrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Mukhang maganda sumapi sa group niyo. Interesado rin ako sa shooting pero marami pa akong kakainin.

Magtatanong sana ako sa mga bihasa para makabili din ako ng 22 rifle.

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Mayroon ba kayong ma-recommend na below 20,000 na rifle? Baka pwede ko iregalo sa sarili ko. Kahit segunda mano kung may magbebenta.

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down