http://lrrp.weebly.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters..

Go down

Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Empty Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters..

Post  Sailor - Admin Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi guys,

Had a wonderful day today Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_biggrin , went to a range with Sonny M. and shot and got my dope for 75, 100, and 150 meters. Am zeroed in at fifty I use a remington 37 bolt rifle wiith a 26 -27 bull barrel, a Nikon monarch 4 to 15 or is it 16 power scope with a mildot reticle.
This is what i do.. with my real zero at 50 meters on 10 power with a 50 setting for the parallax; for 25 yards i go to 4 power otherwise the target is blurred and i am more or less on center at that range with my parallax at fifty (my min.) i think this is great as for 25 i really have to bring my power to 4 anyway. Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_eek
For seventy five with the same settings at fifty i use the 1st mildot (using the bottom edge) from the center as my aiming point and i hit center at 75 without changing power or moving the turrets, at 100 i use the 2nd mildot (again bottomedge) and i hit center. For 150 I use 4 and a half mildots as my aiming point to hit center. I compared my bullet drop to computer internet printouts and mine are longer - believe it is due to my longer barrel which slows down my bullets velocity giving me supposedly more wind drift resistance due to a slower bullet but give me more bullet drop. luckily i have a canted or offset mount and alrge leeway with my scope. at 150 with the winds i drifted 5 to 6 inches. as i ran out of mildots limited the range to 150 although we could have shot out to 300. Will have to turn my turrets once i go out beyond 150 - but that is for another day. Today i wanted to just exploit my mildots fully.
Had a good day we even had mirages in the mid morning and wind changes by 11 am making it challenging. Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_lol
Sonny M. used a marlin bolt with a 4.5 power bushnell scope with armscor std vel ammo and was hitting a 7 inch circle at one hundred meters and grouping.... despite a rough factory trigger... bravo... and nice shooting..imagine what he can do with a fixed up trigger and a better scope.. Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_cheers
This is the third range Sonny M. and i have scouted around looking for a home range for monthly shoots as well as being able to form a circuit of ranges - so far all range owners seem ready to give us their support.
Aside from bullet dope, am also making some target dope on the size of the target vis a vis the mildots (like what does a 5 inch plate or a target paper look at 25,50, 75, 100, etc.). The idea behind using the mildots is to be able to engage five targets at varying distances from 25 to 150 within one minute - no time to turn the turrets. you have to size the target guess the range and fire off. This is one the course we are preparing for you guys... we have been testing rules and procedures as well as locations. Be ready for an interesting year next year after the gun ban...we plan to hold monthly competitions in different formats using the same type of rifle. One format will be no bipods but with mandatory use of slings with ranges from 25 to 100. Another will be with bipods and no slings. have been researching and compiling data and types of targets. Hopefully will prove it is worth the wait..will make the matches fair, economical, and challenging at the same time..hopefully others will follow and we can have a large following so we can have better competitions and the stores will bring in more accessories at cheaper prices.... Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_rolleyes
Just bought a 10 22 target and will be setting it up also - am looking at the 10 power bushnell scope with target turrets - it seems like I can live with 10 power - so far.. does anyone have any experience with it at 25 meters (with my nikon have to move down to 4 power) - have noticed that with the higher power scopes on a look for the other targets kinda matches - i have problems looking for the targets placed at different places on the range - with the 10 power i pick up very fast. anyone has comments on this. The scope is cheaper than the nikon it sells for 200 plus and has a good write up but no comments on 25 meter performance. It has large rubber turrets and one of the larger range of clicks 1/2 moa with a mildot reticle...
what you guys think - would appreciate comments.
This coming dec 5 Sonny M and I are overseeing the PPSA Pioneers shoot for Bossman Jack E...a fantastic oracle of rifle and handgun knowledge... like the national geo of firearms knowledge with a fantastic sense of humor..
At the shoot we may set up plates at 25, 50, 75, 100, and 150.. for guys who want to try it out... Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Icon_bounce
Sailor.... Nov28 shot at 75, 100, and 150 meters.. Sleep

Sailor - Admin
Admin

https://lrrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum